Friday, February 17, 2012

Life Moves Pretty Fast...

"Life moves pretty fast... if you don't look around once in awhile, you could miss it."


I cannot believe it has been so long since I have written on my blog.  I am so sorry.  You can thank my dad for motivating me to finally write an update.


Cody and I have just been working hard.  We literally work all day.  The 3 hour commute each day really adds up and is wearing down on me.  This last week we both just crashed and talked about how exhausted and just worn down we are.  We haven't been able to go out and really do anything fun or anything exciting to post pictures of, but I will try my best to make our life seem interesting.


These are some flowers I got to take home a few weeks ago from a bridal event we had at Potterybarn.   (I am a bridal registry "specialist")  There is nothing more I love than fresh flowers to brighten things up. I wish I had a picture of these flowers a few days later, because the tulips actually kept growing!  They were literally 3 inches taller than the others.



Sprinkles cupcakes are Cody and mine's favorite cupcake shop in Manhattan.  If anyone comes and visits, we will definitely make a stop there!  They are the best cupcakes we have ever had. Ever.
So you can imagine my excitement when I got a free one from my work!  I was "CTS winner", which is like employee of the month, so I got a cupcake.  That was pretty exciting.  
I do work really hard.  Yesterday actually I went to the flagship PB store in Manhattan to do a design training workshop.  You're looking at the newest "design studio specialist", which means I am now possibly capable to do in-store and in-home design appointments.  Wahoo.




I know I talk about Potterybarn so much, but that is what is going on my in my life essentially.  I even brought Cody into the fun.  On Jan. 31st we had inventory day at PB.  We close the store for the entire day and count and recount EVERYTHING.  It was actually really fun.  And they were looking for some extra help for that one day, so Cody came and worked for the day!  It was fun to work with him and get a little extra money!
We got this letter in the mail though yesterday, and I thought it was pretty funny:
It's his "notice of termination of employment" from Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Something fun in my life is being able to do Activity Days in the primary of our ward.  I love working with these girls and really grown to love them.  I will be sad when the time comes for us to move. (Where... we do not know yet!)

For Valentine's Day, Cody got me my favorite flower: orchid!  I not only love how beautiful they are, but also love that this potted flower will last a lot longer than some cut flowers in a vase.

Well that is it for now.  I will hopefully be posting soon with more about Cody!  We are waiting to get his response from Columbia admissions.  It will be soon, any day now.  He has been waiting for this for months, and I am now getting anxious for it.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment