MONDAY:
The Korea Society's Annual Dinner was held at the Plaza Hotel ballroom this year. It was so much fun to get all dressed up and live "the fancy life" for a night. The Plaza was the most gorgeous hotel I have ever been inside of. It was truly marvelous- all of the architecture, lighting fixtures, etc. I found out the hotel has been around since 1907. Wow.
This is a picture showing the exterior. This was taken a couple of months ago, but it was the only picture I have of it.
On the menu we had a 3 course meal. We began with an appetizer: beet ravioli (not beef; beeT. Like the red root) stuffed with goat cheese and spring vegetables. For the entree, Cody chose steak, sauteed with kimchi and risotto. I chose the fish entree- it was some kind of fish I have never heard of over some kind of grain I have never heard of- but it was delectable. For dessert we had some kind of fruit tart thing. It was good. This meal was WAY better than last year's meal that's for sure.
The program consisted of some business men and some diplomats speaking about Korea and what not. What was really fun was the entertainment. A "K pop" (Korean pop music= new global sensation) group performed, and the original producer and founder of this "K-pop" was there and spoke to us, Lee Soo Man. Apparently he's a big deal.
This is Cody before the program "guarding" the event party favors: Sulwahsoo skin care samples. It is a really high end cosmetic line from Korea and it is really great product. I've only used it for a week and it has done wonders for my skin. Having nice skin is expensive I am realizing!!
Anyway, we had a great time. It was an unforgettable experience.
TUESDAY:
Event #2 for The Korea Society was an evening with chef Angelo Sosa. He was on the TV show Top Chef and owns a restaurant called "Social Eats" that is very inspired by Korean flavors and cuisine. It was so much fun. He was such a funny guy, and his passion for cooking is so inspiring and contagious. He is well known for his "bibimbap burger", that won the burger of the year award. Cody and I want to try it before we leave!
WEDNESDAY:
Event #3 for the Korea Society... that's right. I went to a TKS event three nights in a row. It was a lot of fun, and I love supporting Cody. This particular event was "Cody's" event that he was in charge of. It was the last of his 4 part lecture series. The speaker was Seon Joon Seunim. She is an American girl (blonde and went to Yale) but decided to become a buddhist nun in Korea. She told her story and the experiences "inside the gate" of a monastery. It was so cool and fascinating. She is an incredible person and I am so glad I was able to attend. I learned alot of new things and gained lots of valuable insights.
THURSDAY:
Thursday was Stake Temple Day, so I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours in the Manhattan Temple, and Cody was able to come some of the time too. It was so nice to serve others, and to be in a place of such peace, in the midst of a city that is so noisy and stressful. (only a couple more weeks until we are outta here!)
FRIDAY:
Friday was an all work day. I worked from Noon-10pm, and Cody had to stay late too for another event at his work. This was a LONG day. But we were able to eat out for dinner at a place called "Ho Brah". They are a southern Cal taco joint that we really love, and tasted great after a long hard day!
SATURDAY:
Saturday night was date night for Cody and I. We went to watch one of our young woman, and one activity days girl, in our ward, in their dance recital. It was 3.5 hours, but it was a lot of fun. It made me miss my dance performing days.
This is a picture I took of our feet on the bus ride there. I thought this picture was so cool because it captures the "watch your step" sign, and then it's a picture of our feet. Get it?!
MISCELLANEOUS:
Here are some other random things throughout the week I wanted to post:
This carriage was someone's ride to the high school graduation formal dance. What a fun way to go to the dance! I haven't ever seen anything like this before.
When I went to visit Cody's office this week, I found this in his pile of books. Is someone excited to go to Hawaii?!?!
Cody might not like me posting this, but I thought it was so cute. He was so hungry one day for breakfast that he made waffles, topped with ice cream, then maple syrup and bacon. Now that's what I call scrumptios haha!
Lastly, I would like to give a shout out to Marley, cutest pomeranian in my life.
I'm so excited to be reunited again with all my pets, as well as my families too!
Look out Utah here we come! 17 days and counting!









Love the feet!
ReplyDelete