Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blessed in Bay Ridge

Hello everyone!  I honestly do not feel like blogging lately- no inspiration is coming for me to just spout out conversation.  I thought I should give it a try though...

The biggest blessing this week is that I finally got a job!  It was a miracle and I want to thank all those who supported me and helped me with that.
Monday, the day after last Sunday, I got a call from Potterybarn offering me a job.  I was shocked.  I thought that door was closed because I explained that I could not work Sundays- and they said that is the only thing they were looking for in a candidate specifically-thus the two things contradicted.  So I thought I would never hear back from them again. 
It had almost been a week from my interview but I got a call from them.  I asked them if they were sure because of my Sunday unavailability; they said they are willing to work around that for me.  Crazy cool huh?  So I just had my orientation and begin working next week.

Well, even though we are still in the "living from the suitcase" stage, and using our cardboard box table and nightstands in the meantime- we still feel and are so blessed.  The area and weather have been absolutely wonderful; the people are friendly and we're beginning to make friends; we love our ward; and I am just really starting to fall in love with the city. 

Check out this dusk-time view right outside our door-  We love our apartment location so much!




Here's us on the shore trail- it's a quick one minute walk down to tranquility.


COLUMBIA QUEST:
Cody made a friend at a lecture at the Korean Society.  His name is Sung and he is a current graduate student at Columbia in Korea history or what not.  We went to dinner with him the other night and talked about the admissions stuff there and such.  Cody is stoked.
It was fun, we got to tour the campus.  It is an old school.  They celebrated their 250th anniversary in 2004- so I will let you do the math for the current age.


This is their library- WOW!

Look at Cody.  Doesn't he look like a Columbia graduate student?
 And me???  Well, not so much.

Hope everyone is doing just swell! Peace out.

1 comment: