Monday, October 3, 2011

Heating Things Up

The weather has been perfect this week!  It has been this beautiful fall weather.  The humidity has been low and temperatures cool; it actually makes me want to go outside and enjoy living here.  (If you guys have never experienced high humidity with heat; let me tell you, it's miserable)


Just when I thought all was well, I had a sad realization.  I was hoping the cool weather that has arrived would finally allow me to actually use a blanket to snuggle up with at night.  Oh no no no though.  We live in a building with central heating and lots of well-seasoned people; those two combined is dangerous.  Not to mention, heat rises and we live on the top floor.  So people have felt the need to turn the heater on this week, even though it is 70 degrees outside.  And there is nothing I can do about it.  I can't turn it off.  I can't stop the heat from coming out of the vent.  It feels like summer again and I am suffocating in my own apartment.  I hear winter gets so hot here on the top floor we will have to keep our windows open all winter.  This is just crazy to me.  I live for the day I will be comfortable in my own home.  I dare to dream.


Conference weekend was really nice for me and Cody.  We both have jobs where we were fortunate enough to have both Saturday and Sunday off so we could enjoy the strength and uplifting Spirit we get from listening to the inspired counsel of our beloved leaders.  


The biggest shock was the new plans for a second Provo temple, of course.  People shouldn't be too shocked though.  I once waited three hours to perform baptisms for the dead, and I only performed 2 names when the time finally came.  There is definitely a need for another one in that area.  It was so cool to hear everyone gasp, and caused me to reflect on good times at Brigham Young University.  
Another cool thing was my BYU Professor, Brother Matthew O. Richardson, was able to speak to us.  He was my teacher for marriage and family relations.  I loved that class so much, and was so excited when he was announced to address us.  


Between the morning and afternoon sessions, Cody and I were able to take advantage of the beautiful weather and close proximity of the shore park and went on a picnic.  We took tin foil dinners.  It was just lovely lovely lovely.  (I tend to repeat things for emphasis- emphasis)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, radiated heat that you have no control over is a bit tricky. But trust me -- there will be days this winter when you'll be glad you don't have to pay for it! And you'll get plenty of opportunities to snuggle up in your blankets, even on the top floor. :)

    Also, hooray for the new Provo temple! I was so excited to hear that announcement I cried! :)

    ReplyDelete