Well this is what is new lately with the Thiel's... (And it's officially the Thiel's! Meaning... I finally changed my last name legally- it took awhile but I was planning on doing it just before I was suppose to get my new NY driver's license)
So Cody and I have been just trying to get settled back to New York life this past week after our wonderful trips. Cody was in Korea for 2 weeks, and I was fortunate enough to head back to Salt Lake for most of that time.
I was so grateful to be able to go back to Salt Lake because my busy city life was kind of wearing on me, and I needed a break. Little did I know before I came that the timing of my trip was even of more significance. To make a long story brief: just prior to my arrival in Salt Lake, my dear friend and neighbor Jeanne Christofferson was put in the intensive care unit at the hospital. Basically, her health became in a very dangerous state, and this was probably the end for her. Only family was suppose to visit her, but I was fortunate enough to be able to see her and visit her one last time before she would pass away the next day. Words cannot describe the beautiful experience, but I know how much my visit meant to her, to Paul her husband, and to me. I felt so humbled that my trip was planned when it was so I could have this experience, and I will be forever grateful. Her and I (as well as Paul her husband) have had some really great and dear moments that I will always treasure. I will always admire and remember her wonderful example to me. Here is a picture of us taken last summer:
Well, my time in Utah slipped right through my fingers. I was always busy. October is a busy birthday month for my family, the Clark's; we were always doing something, I felt bad I didn't get to do lots of the other things I wanted to do there as well. But c'est la vie... (That's life.)
As for CODY...
The only reason he came back to the U.S. is because of me, he said. He is in love with Korea. Oh man- he talks about every single thing he loves about Korea, and is constantly reminding how much of a wonderful place it is. It has been a struggle for him coming back to NYC. A few trip highlights for him was dancing on stage at a Korean performance; staying at a Buddhist Temple; taking thousands of pictures for the Korea Society; and seeing a different side of his professor than he has seen before. :)
All I can say is: thank goodness for technology! We were able to talk just about every day because of Skype. We are very fortunate!

Oh! Here are a couple of more highlights from my Utah trip.
It was my sister Abbey's birthday. My mom and I wanted to do something creative for her. I started thinking of things she really likes; and for some reason she is really obsessed with Harry Potter & The Lord of the Rings- so I tried to think of something to play off that. I came up with this:
It says: "One cupcake to rule them all."
(Ask someone if you don't get it)
Another highlight was going back to visit my roommates, and the BYU campus. I really love BYU and am a proud alumni. (Picture taken from my phone... pretty good!)
It was nice to spend time with all the family. To me, it felt like I had never left. I am sure it's different for my parents.
It was so fun to have the pets around. I love those bundles of fur- they can soften any heart and cheer up any soul.
Muffy especially loved me being home because I would play fetch with her alot!
Well that is all for now. I am sure more will be posted soon.
I am thankful for all of my many blessings and try to focus on those. It has been especially hard to live in the city lately because of all the public transportation issues, expenses, and now a snowy and cold winter ahead! Tis the season I suppose.


No comments:
Post a Comment