Monday, August 15, 2011

Cody's Corner

Hello friends and family. I know I haven't blogged on here for some time now, but just so you know, I am still alive. Which is a good thing considering what I ate yesterday. 


As most of you know, I love to try different kinds of food. When I went to drop off Stephanie at work, we stopped at this, Picnic on 57th, place. You would think that "Picnic" is your everyday soup, salad, sandwich, and sushi place. And it is... sort of. 


The menu had everyday sandwiches, turkey breast, grilled panini, etc. Well I saw the Bahn Mi, a bbq pork, cilantro, daikon, jalepeno, etc. I thought, "hmmm... Pork and a little spice... Why not!" The sandwich was delicious. In the middle of the meal Steph went over and grabbed the menu and I pointed to my sandwich. It read, "Bahn Mi - pork belly, pate, pickled carrot, daikon, cucumber, jalapeno, and cilantro." Wait! Read that again. Pork belly... I didn't know pork belly tasted so good. Come to find out, pate is Spam in a spreadable form. All in all it was great sandwich and I'm glad that my stomach can keep down anything... even dog.



Thanks for reading this short little blurp and here is the cutest pic of my sweet wife, Steph. Today was super rainy and cold. So on the way home from church Steph put my sweater on. Don't you just love that smile.







No comments:

Post a Comment