After being here in New York a few days, we are finally adjusting and things are starting to get good.
#1- Cody particularly LOVES the food! There are all sorts of flavors and varieties and such. He also loves the accent and is trying to develop one... it's going to take some time :)
#2- I have now officially visited Macy's- supposedly the world's largest department store. And oh my goodness- shopping here is AMAZING! Wow, is all I can say... Conclusion= I hate shopping! (Because I love it...)
#3- We finally have a bite on an apartment we love and hope everything goes through to make it work out. It is in Bay Ridge, right along the ocean front. It has an absolutely gorgeous view. You just have to be here, it is awesome.
#4- We were able to sneak away to the Manhattan Temple in our hectic schedule and it was SO nice. I cannot describe how peaceful it was. Being out here makes me really cling to the gospel and everything it has to offer. I wouldn't want to be in this crazy place without it. We are excited to start attending our ward on Sunday.
That is all from me right now. We are very tired from running around all day it seems like. Hope all is well with everyone!
Here are some pics:
This is the view from where we are currently staying. We are right by a park and trail that run along the ocean. So nice!
The newlyweds enjoying a sunny day in the park:
One of the many skyscrapers of Manhattan:
*Photos complimentary of Cody Thiel

No comments:
Post a Comment