Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wall Meets Street

So we officially have a place to live!  We signed our lease today.  It is in Bay Ridge, on a street called Shore Road.  (Yep, shore means next to the ocean! So excited!  The commute stinks, but the community is awesome!)


Oh! We also purchased our first mattress today!  We are thrilled... Mostly because the bed we have been staying on has been rough and causing extreme body pain.


I'm still currently on the market for jobs, but opportunities are starting to pop up and I know everything will work out- I just need to be patient.  


Well, Utah is a pretty dry place.  Now I have transitioned to New York and it is just the opposite.  It is SO humid!  So when it is clear and 86 degrees, it is brutal! BRUTAL I tell you!  Cody says the first summer is the roughest (He has lived through 3 hot Korean summers so that is his advice from experience to me). That advice isn't super comforting to me though.  I am nervous for what heat this upcoming summer will bring.


So today we were able to do some more sightseeing.  We went to the Financial District, Battery Park and Wall Street area.  Enjoy:


*Here is Cody Leigh Thiel in front of the soon-to-be World Trade Center.



*This is a sweet picture Cody took of a couple of skyscrapers- he is talented huh?

*This is George Washington and I.

*TIFFANY & Co.!!!   Cody went and got me a 5 week anniversary ring, how thoughtful!?!?  hehe

*Cody in front of a George Washington depiction- He is praying at Valley Forge

*This is a picture of the U.S. Custom house- it was a pretty extraordinary building.  It is funny how there are modern skyscrapers mixed with historical buildings in one place.

*Korean War Memorial

*This is at the port where you take off to see the Statue of Liberty.
 *Fun, fun, fun.


*I would like to end with one of my favorite quotes, it may sound familiar to only those well versed in Disney channel entertainment.... "Life's a climb, but the view's great!"

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! I am glad things are going well and that you have a place! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete